Wednesday, November 14

The Darjeeling Limited

I might be crazy, but I am a Wes Anderson fan. It's the cute little details that I love discovering in his films (like the framed drawing of underwear in The Royal Tenenbaums), which often make him a target with critics.

Even though The Life Aquatic was a bit of a letdown for me I rushed out to the theaters for this exotic tale of three brothers attempts to reconnect after their father's death. There was something intoxicating about the film, which may have a lot to do with the lush Indian settings. I can't for the life of me remember anything that was said in the movie, but I do remember feeling warm and fulfilled after seeing the film. It's also inspired me to take a train trip through India, perhaps one of the last truly exotic travel options left in the world.

No comments: