Monday, July 18

Lost love?

Can you love someone you only met once? In college, I bought this guy coffee because he was an off-campus student and it was the end of the semester and I had meal plan points left. His name was Dennis and he had the best smile I had ever seen. That wasn't why I did it, I just thought it would be nice to save someone a few bucks so close to Christmas. Anyway, someone interrupted us and we went our seperate ways.

Right before I was about to graduate I was running into the student center to meet some friends for a end of the year party celebration thing. On the way in this guy with a great smile started walking toward me like he knew me. I smiled back not knowing who the hell he was, and then he started talking to me and he mentioned that I had bought him coffee back in December. He was really freaking cute and we talked for over thirty mintues, even moving out of the sun to sit down. Then once again someone interrupted us and we went our seperate ways. I gave him my number and hung around the student center on a day he said he'd be there studying, but I never ran into him again.

But I don't even know his last name, all I know is that he had these dreamy eyes and warm smile. I'm not even sure what he looks like anymore . . . in my head I picture him like Mark Ruffalo, but who knows. So, can you fall in love in thirty minutes? I think about him time to time, with the same pang of regret from other things I didn't pursue. Like if I had just come out and said "you're cute. what's your number?" and he didn't give it, I'd be in the same situation I'm in right now. Except I wouldn't be thinking I was missing out on something.

No comments: